POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : DivX Encoder? : Re: DivX Encoder? Server Time
19 Jul 2024 17:12:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DivX Encoder?
From: Tony[B]
Date: 31 Jul 2002 11:59:25
Message: <3d48095d@news.povray.org>
> 'HOW' do you do it with VirtualDub? I'd like to know. Please share
> your knowledge on the subject.

Couldn't be easier. What I do is use Bink and Smacker
(http://www.radgametools.com/) to convert my POV-rendered PNG files to an
uncompressed AVI. Then I open that in VirtualDub
(http://www.virtualdub.org/). I apply any filters I might want, specify No
Audio, and then I set the compression settings. First, I pick "2-pass, first
pass", and apply some settings I'm happy with (http://www.doom9.org/). After
OKing everything, I save the file, making sure to defer processing for
later. This puts it in the job control list. Then I go back into the
compression settings and pick "2-pass, second pass". Save (deferred) again.
F4 for job control, hit Start, sit back and wait. When done, I delete the
original AVI and any stray files Divx left behind while encoding.

I hope that was clear. :) It has become quite routine for me.

--
Anthony